Where is Minturn?
Home to The Bunkhouse, our quaint, historic, funky town of Minturn is home to restaurants that fit every budget and tastebud. Here’s some of our favs”
- Kirby Cosmos BBQ- At Kirby Cosmo’s, every day is a pig-pickin’ and the whole neighborhood is always welcomed to join! Our BBQ hails from Asheville, NC and Greenville, SC, where the first JB’s BBQ restaurants originated. When JB opened up shop in Minturn, Coloradoans and visitors alike got the taste for this original sauce and tasty meats. So sit back, relax, and roll up your sleeves. We hope you’ll enjoy!
- Nicky’s Quickie- Greek gyros, soup, and salads. What makes Nicky’s so different? They only cook with Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil and only fry in Pure Grape Seed Oil. Nicky’s uses the highest quality ingredients including Kosher and Organic Ingredients whenever possible. The best ingredients makes the best dish. Nicky’s Quickie does not contain Pork, Nuts, Shellfish Products or Trans-Fats. Our Zesty Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is Nicky’s Quickie caters to meat eaters, vegetarians, vegans, and a number of religious diets. Nicky’s Quickie is Lean, Natural, Healthy, Hearty and Delicious.
- Magustos Pizza– Magustos pizza and burger bar is open 6 days a week, Monday through Saturday from 11am until 2am serving great pizza, burgers, and other pub options. Just next door from The Bunkhouse. 970-827-5450
- Sticky Fingers Café– Home of the Perfect Turn and Sloppy Moe. Small, comfy, cozy, natural, local, colorful artsy cafe serving breakfast and lunch with full coffee service. Just across the street from The Bunkhouse. 970-827-5353
Who Dines In Avon?
Located at the base of Beaver Creek Resort, the town of Avon is a beautiful entry to one of the world’s most exclusive resorts. With a local population of about 8,000, Avon provides all the services and restaurants equal or exceeding many small American towns.
- Loaded Joe’s– Our favorite breakfast spot and coffee house in the Valley. More than just the best cup of coffee – they are a place where locals come to enjoy the laid-back vibe and visitors get a taste of life in the Vail Valley. Whether you’re after an awesome cup of joe, a traditional Italian-style cappuccino, or something in between, Loaded Joe’s is the ultimate for your coffee fix.
Local’s Favorite Restaurants in Edwards
- Larkburger- Born from the mind of a pretty awesome chef who saw the need for a place a people could get a culinary experience and still afford their mortgage payment at the end of the month. And what better vehicle to bring culinary food to the people than the burger? But not just any burger. A classic burger, free of a million piled-on ingredients; goopy, sugar-laden sauces; and for that matter, free of pretension. A burger that understands balance and honors its ingredients. This culinary mindset has translated across our menu, from our truffle fries to our kale salad. We source the freshest
natural ingredients we can find and cook using classic culinary techniques that allow our ingredients to shine.
Affordable Dining in Vail
- Westside Café- The Westside Cafe, a Vail Restaurant, was started by 3 Vail locals in 2002. Ryan, Mike, and Steve were tired of steering someone else’s ship, so they decided to build their own. Currently, The Westside serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The breakfast offerings are arguably the best in the Vail Valley. A staff favorite!
- May Palace- Vail’s resident Chinese restaurant has been in the valley since 1987, weathering the passage of time alongside all of Vail’s locals. Although May Palace serves Chinese cuisine predominantly, they offer a wide array of dishes that have origins from all over South Asia including Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.